On The Epilepsy Space we’ve mentioned lots of different sources information, help and support.
Here’s a summary of the help and support available from Epilepsy Action.
Epilepsy Action Helpline
For advice and information about epilepsy the Epilepsy Action Helpline is here to help.
- Call freephone 0808 800 5050 (for opening hours please visit the website)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK text messages 0747 963 8071 – we aim to reply to your texts within 24 hours (during working days)
A new online chat group, specifically for young people, is being developed for The Epilepsy Space. If you want to know when it’s ready, send us an e-mail and you’ll be the first to know. (We’ll only use your email address to contact you about the online chat group).
Forum4e is Epilepsy Action’s online community for people with epilepsy and carers of people with epilepsy. Visit forum.epilepsy.org.uk
Epilepsy Action has a range of online courses for different people all about epilepsy. Most courses are free.
For people with epilepsy
- Epilepsy and your wellbeing – A short course looking at all aspects of your wellbeing
- Epilepsy and you – An 8-week course to help you manage your epilepsy. If you’ve found The Epilepsy Space useful, Epilepsy and you could be your next step. It’s a structured self-management programme designed to help you live better with epilepsy
For family and friends
- What to do when someone has a seizure – A short course about how others can help during a seizure
- Your child and epilepsy – A course for parents and carers to help them support their children with epilepsy. It’s aimed at parents of children aged up to 18
- Just for kids – Animations and information for children. Useful to help explain epilepsy to younger children
All the courses can be accessed on Epilepsy Action’s learning site
Advice and information on our website
There’s lots of advice and information about epilepsy on the Epilepsy Action website
Epilepsycast is the podcast about all things epilepsy from Epilepsy Action. Each episode talks to a guest about their experience of epilepsy. Search for epilepsycast in your usual podcast feed, or listen at epilepsy.org.uk/podcast.
Meeting others who have had similar experiences can be a great source of support.
Epilepsy Action has local branches and runs more than 100 coffee and chat groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The groups offer a relaxed way to meet new people, share experiences and learn more about epilepsy.
Find out what’s in your area
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, coffee and chat groups aren’t happening at the moment. Virtual groups are a different way of staying connected. They are open to people over 18 years old. More info about virtual groups.
Join Epilepsy Action and be part of our community of support. Membership benefits include:
- Personalised information and support – we’ll give you the support you need and you’ll be part of a community that understand
- Epilepsy news and stories – our member emails and Epilepsy Today magazine keep you up to date on what matters about epilepsy
- Offers to make life with epilepsy easier – from discounts on specialist insurance to products to help you stay safe
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re helping others – because every membership subscription helps to support more people with epilepsy
There is an annual membership fee, and the option to set up a direct debit. To join contact the team:
Epilepsy awareness training
Epilepsy Action provides epilepsy awareness training. It’s available to any group that wants to learn more about epilepsy. We run sessions for employers and organisations such as schools, colleges and universities. To book a session get in touch with Epilepsy Action.
We also have a range of online courses for schools.
If you are interested in supporting other people with epilepsy, volunteering can make a big difference.
There are lots of ways to volunteer with Epilepsy Action. From helping at events to coordinating a local group or delivering training. Our website has more information about the ways you can volunteer with us